Phillip, a native South Carolinian, grew up “a son of a preacher-man” and felt the call to ministry at a young age. He initially attended Campbell University in Buies Creek, NC, but through a series of events too involved to describe here, he graduated in 2006 with a degree in Christian Ministry from Anderson University in Anderson, SC, and spent some time at Gardner Webb School of Divinity before leaving to pursue his calling into worship leading/church planting.
Phillip spent seven years as a student pastor before becoming a worship leader. His passions in life are Clemson sports, movies, music, and occasionally a little XBOX. He is not married (yet) but he does have a dog…a Rat Terrier named George.
• Hometown: Gaffney, SC
• Favorite Sports Teams: Clemson, Atlanta Braves, New Orleans Saints, Carolina Hurricanes, anyone who plays Carolina (North or South).
• Little Known Fact: Spent some time in a hospital in Puerto Rico due to a spider bite…found out I’m allergic, after 2 I-V bags of antibiotics.
• Favorite Quote: “I’m an early bird and I’m a night owl, so I’m wise and have worms” – Michael Scott, The Office
• Life Bible Passage: 2 Corinthians 3:4-6
• Favorite Musicians: Sister Hazel, Coldplay, Jack Johnson, Dave Matthews, David Crowder, Fee, Lee McDerment
• Books I’m Reading: unChristian, It, Sticky Church